Commonplace is looking to hire a full-time Lead Service Technician. The ideal candidate will be experienced in plumbing, electrical, and general construction. Responsibilities will include work on espresso and coffee equipment as well as dealing with general maintenance issues in Commonplace retail shops. The candidate should be excellent at troubleshooting and problem solving. This position has limited supervision.
- Provide repairs and maintenance to Commonplace Coffee equipment and facilities, including electrical, mechanical, and electronic equipment.
- Provide leadership and expertise to Commonplace Coffee retail operations teams by developing programs and process around equipment maintenance and best practices on preventative maintenance, productivity metrics and vendor management.
- Develop appropriate systems and procedures to support preventive maintenance on all coffee equipment and execute maintenance activities for Commonplace Coffee retail and wholesale customers according to the maintenance schedule.
- Respond promptly to all service requests with a high level of care, empathy and customer service.
- Maintain communication and relationships with multiple third-party service providers
- Act as in-house expert on mechanical requirements and layouts for current and new facilities.
- Contribute to technical services revenue growth by scaling technical services and support capabilities with Commonplace Coffee’s growth initiatives.
- Understand and follow all safety, quality, and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Cultivate and promote the culture and values of Commonplace Coffee.
- Develop strong and successful working relationships with co-workers and promote a spirit of community and teamwork among all team members.
- Actively contribute to technical services and support goals and vision as directed by Commonplace Coffee leadership.
- 2+ years of experience maintaining, repairing, overhauling and troubleshooting processing, packaging and/or material handling equipment.
- 6+ months working in a specialty coffee retail environment.
- Ability to accurately assess mechanical problems, make recommendations, communicate effectively and resolve issues quickly while working under pressure.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, make recommendations, draw conclusions and communicate effectively.
- Experience with welding and machining and troubleshooting electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Must have a demonstrated history of safe work habits.
- Efficient time management, flexible schedule, and off-hours availability.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer and technical writing skills.
- Must work well on a team.
- Consistent demonstration of integrity, reliability, and professionalism.
- Strong desire to share knowledge and ability to teach others.
- Must have a valid and current driver’s license issued within the United States and be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Desire to grow coffee skills and assume greater responsibility in Commonplace Coffee.
- Carry weight, lift – must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 150 pounds occasionally
- Stand and walk – must be able to stand in place for several hours to operate or repair machinery and move about the work environment.
- Taste and smell – must be able to detect and perceive the smells of coffee.